Ascent Films Inc. is an award-winning Canadian documentary film production company and a post-production boutique located in Kelowna, British Columbia. Our projects include television documentaries, commercials, and corporate films. We work internationally and are fluent in English, French, and Czech.
Jiri is a award-winning producer, director, and cinematographer. A former CBC director, Jiri founded his production company Ascent Films over a decade ago with the aim to focus on TV production. Since then, he has produced or worked on a wide variety of projects including documentaries, EPKs, music videos, commercials, and lifestyle TV. Jiri is also a active commercial and art photographer.
Jiri Bakala is an active voting member of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television in its director, cinematography, digital, and sound divisions.
Producer / Editor
Lucie has worked in many various aspects of the film industry before joining Ascent Films Inc. as a producer, location sound recordist, and editor. In addition to being passionate about all aspects of documentary film production, she is also an avid photographer.
Lucie’s recent work includes several corporate films and a documentary for the Washington State Department of Ecology.
A film and television production maestro for over four decades, Ron has produced and directed award winning films and television for a broad range of domestic and international clients.
His work in the industry includes the development, management, production and direction of dramatic and musical television series as well as more than one thousand commercials and hundreds of hours of corporate television. He is a respected writer, producer and director, as well as a photographer.
Ron continues to work globally for a broad range of clients.
All our camera systems are 4k resolution
- Sony PXW-FS7 II
- Sony α7R II
- GoPro Hero 4 Black
- Sony E PZ 18–110 mm F4 G OSS Servo Zoom
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
- Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C
- Sound Devices 302 field mixer
- Sennheiser Evolution RF systems
- Sennheiser ME66 shotgun microphone
- Indie Dolly with straight and curved tracks
- Sachtler tripod
- High hat
- Zhiyun-Tech Crane Gimbal Stabilizer
- Rhino 4’ slider
- Marshall 7” LCD monitor
- Litepanels lighting kit
- Tungsten lighting
- Walkie-talkie and UHF/VHF radios
- DJI UAV 4k Aerial Imagery System
- Fully licensed nation-wide by Transport Canada (Standing SFOC)
- Registered by FAA in the USA
- FCP X
- Logic Pro X
- Blackmagic DaVinci
- Adobe Suite
- 4k video with 5.1 surround sound audio monitoring
Please, inquire about a full detailed list of our production equipment and its rental availability and pricing.