Ascent Films Inc. is an award-winning Canadian documentary film production company and a post-production boutique located in Kelowna, British Columbia. Our projects include television documentaries, commercials, and corporate films. We work internationally and are fluent in English, French, Slovak, and Czech.
Director / Cinematographer
Director and cinematographer Jiri Bakala has been making films for more than 25 years, winning numerous awards for his work. He has worked internationally and created content for National Geographic, CBC, Knowledge Network, Discovery Times, ABC, NBC, Czech Television, and many others.
Jiri is a voting member of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television in its director and cinematography divisions.
Producer / Editor
Lucie is an award-winning documentary film producer, as well as photographer, location sound recordist, and editor.
She is an accomplished traveller, and as a photographer, she is drawn to landscapes and people she sees during her travels.
Lucie’s recent work includes a documentary for the Washington State Department of Ecology and a TV episode for Accessible Media television network.
Steven has worked in all aspects of broadcast TV in Europe and North America for 28 years with a focus on post production. During the last 9 years, he has been involved full time in 360 VR productions leading a talented team in delivering award winning VR content for clients.
Notable recent projects include the “Taylor Swift Blank Space Experience”, which won an Emmy award, and the 2016 Rio Olympics where his team broadcasted over 100 hours of live VR360 content.
Ron has produced and directed award winning films and television for a broad range of domestic and international clients for decades.
His work in the industry includes the development, production, and direction of television series as well as many commercials and corporate videos. He is a respected writer, producer, and director, as well as a photographer.
All our camera systems are 4k resolution
- Sony PXW-FS7 II
- Sony α7R II
- Sony E PZ 18–110 mm F4 G OSS Servo Zoom
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
- Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C
- Sound Devices 302 field mixer
- Sennheiser Evolution RF systems
- Sennheiser ME66 shotgun microphone
- Indie Dolly with straight and curved tracks
- Sachtler tripod
- High hat
- Rhino 4’ slider
- Marshall 7” LCD monitor
- Litepanels lighting kit
- Tungsten lighting kit
- Walkie-talkie and UHF/VHF radios
Please, inquire about a full detailed list of our production equipment and its rental availability and pricing.
- DJI UAV / RPAS 4k Aerial Imagery System
- Advanced Operations Pilot Certificate Canada-wide (as per June 2019 Transport Canada Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems rules)
- Registered with FAA in the USA
- FCP X
- Logic Pro X
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Suite
- 4k mastering with 5.1 surround sound audio monitoring