Ascent Films Inc. is an award-winning Canadian documentary film production company and a post-production boutique located in Kelowna, British Columbia. We are passionate about storytelling, nature, arts, and people. Our projects include film and television documentaries, commercials, and corporate films. We work internationally and are fluent in English, French, Slovak, and Czech.
Director / Cinematographer
Director and cinematographer Jiri Bakala has been making films for more than 25 years, winning numerous awards for his work. He has worked internationally and created content for National Geographic, CBC, Knowledge Network, Discovery Times, ABC, NBC, Czech Television, and many others.
Jiri is also an experienced drone pilot fully licensed by Transport Canada.
Jiri is a voting member of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television in its director and cinematography divisions.
Producer / Editor
Lucie is an award-winning documentary film producer, as well as photographer, location sound recordist, and editor.
She has travelled extensively, and as a photographer, she is drawn to landscapes, cultures, and people she sees during her travels.
Lucie’s recent work includes a documentary about a river watershed for the Washington State Department of Ecology and two TV documentaries about people with disabilities for Accessible Media Inc. television network.
Ron has produced and directed award winning films and television for a broad range of domestic and international clients for decades.
His work in the industry includes the development, production, and direction of television series as well as many commercials and corporate videos. He is a respected writer, producer, and director, as well as a photographer.
EQUIPMENT WE USE
- Sony E PZ 18–110 mm F4 G OSS Servo Zoom
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
- Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C
- Multitrack field recorder / mixer
- RF microphone systems
- Shotgun microphones
- Studio voice microphones
- Indie Dolly with straight and curved tracks
- Sachtler tripod
- High hat
- Rhino 4’ slider
- Marshall 7” LCD monitor
- LED lighting kit
- Tungsten lighting kit
- Walkie-talkie and UHF/VHF radios
Please, inquire about a full detailed list of our production equipment and its rental availability and pricing.
- UAV / RPAS Aerial Imagery System
- Advanced Operations Pilot Certificate Canada-wide
- Registered with FAA in the USA
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio
- FCP X
- Logic Pro X
- Adobe Suite
- 4k mastering with 5.1 surround sound audio monitoring
- Closed captioning services